[Users] Bcc Filter

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Tue Dec 21 21:40:35 UTC 2021

Dňa 21. decembra 2021 21:20:42 UTC používateľ "c. marlow" <Claws at CWM030.com> napísal:

>move it to a certain folder? There is no option for BCC like:
>IF HEADER CONTAINS....
>
>BCC: email at email.tld
>
>How would I go about doing this?

Bcc: header is problematic, as it is pure client's header and can be (and it is) managed by MTAs (Mail Transfer Agent) differently. Some removes it, some leaves only current recipient in it and some other do not touch it at all. But basically one have consider Bcc header as hidden, thus do not rely on it. You can know your MTA behaviour by inspecting email's source and see, if there is Bcc: header, but this behavior can change in time.

Some MDAs (Mail Delivery Agent) adds original recipients header, but that header is again pure locally and can change over time. In my case i have header Envelope-To (own exim), but there are often another X-* header with this information, depends on your MDA.

I never filter messages based on this in CM, but perhaps you can try ;-)

regards
Slavko