[Users] Notification plugin is not working

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 23:52:59 CET 2021

Em 08/12/2021 18:08, Manfred Schmitt escreveu:
> Dedeco Balaco via Users wrote:
>> 19:45:00 - message sent to this same account.
>>
>> around 19:45 - Thunderbird plays the sound for the new message received.
>> I do not open the message, so it stays new and unread.
>>
> Afaik if Thunderbird has seen the message it's unread but NOT new anymore.
> The configuration for banner notifications has a setting to (also) show
> unread messages.
> If i unset this, unread messages (obviously) will not be listed in the
> banner, only new messages trigger the banner notification!
> Dunno if it's relevant for the command action though because this setting
> isn't available there and I only use the banner notification.
> Have you tried if the claws notification works if Thunderbird isn't running?

Manne, thank you for this reply. I have accounts with unread messages,
and i want notifications for new unread messages. If they are only
marked "new" until the first client i use sees them, it is very bad,
because i will never be able to use a mail manager in the phone, for
example. The notification must exist for both: a new unread message.

Thunderbird marks new messages with a star until i read them, or until i
change the folder being showed in the window showing these messages.
What happens under the hood is unknown by me.

I will wait confirmation about the multiple client access to an account
doubt. I really need and want it to work.

Best regards