[Users] Message text is gray, not black.

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Sun Dec 5 07:49:09 CET 2021

On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 20:41:38 -0500
Henry Carmichael <henry.carmichael at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is true of all messages received by Claws-Mail.
>
> In the message display area, the header labels,
> (From:, To:, Subject:, Date:, Reply-To:)
> are in black letters (not bold). The contents of the several labels
> are green. The text of the message is in gray letters, less dark than
> the header labels. Seeing that the background is white, although the
> text of the message is of great interest, it is difficult to read
> since the contrast is low.
> Is there a way to increase the darkness of of the text? Or, in other
> words, to increase the contrast between message and background?
>
> Thanks for help.
> Henry C

Hi,

I don't know all answers, but you can tweak some color settings via
menu item 'Configuration' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Display'/'Colors' ->
'Other'. For a test, you can disable coloration of message text...

I am at 3.18.0 from recent git, a bit newer than your 3.16.0, and with
coloration off, all text is black on white, with headers labels being
bold black, text normal (not bold) black, just headers where content is
a mail address is green.

With coloration on, text is still black, but if address (or some web
URL, other address, all commonly labeled as URI) is found, it is in
green (with default setup), and signature, i.e. text after line
containing '--', nothing else, is gray.

What you describe is a bit weird. There are some settings in menu item
'Configuration' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Message View'/'Text Options', but
I see nothing which could alter display area the way you describe.

Regards,
Milan