[Users] Notification plugin is not working

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 19:38:32 CET 2021

Em 04/12/2021 14:29, Paul escreveu:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 02:01:16 -0300
> Dedeco Balaco via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> I enabled that option, and chose a few folders only: inboxes, drafts and
>> bulk mail. Repeated the test. It did not work. Besides the notification,
>> i also configured a command to be executed when new messages arrive. My
>> command plays a sound. I heard no sound after 2 minutes passed. But when
>> i looked at CM window, another test message was already there.
>
> What modules of the Notification plugin have you enabled? Which one is it
> that doesn't seem to be working?

Enabled:

1. Systray icon: for only a few folders (inboxes, drafts and bulks);
passive window; 10 seconds; show folder name.

2. Command: "bipador"; which is a shell script¹ in a folder in $PATH;
block command for 10 seconds.

3. Notification window: 5 seconds.

4. The next option, which i am not sure how to untranslate it:
"letreiro" (display, billboard, screen, ...). Options: some speed (how
to define?? 55%?); at most 100 messages; 600 pixel width; "letreiro
aderente"; colors green/red bg.

My language is portuguese (Brasil).

Nothing worked.

The shell script source is this:

#!/bin/bash
for(( i=0; i<3; i++ ));
do
    play -q -V0 -n synth 0.1 sin 220;
    sleep 1;
done
play -q -V0 -n synth 0.1 sin 220;

It works if we test it from command line. It will beep 4 times, with
pauses of 1 second.