[Users] Notification plugin is not working

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 06:01:16 CET 2021

Em 04/12/2021 00:56, Pierre Fortin escreveu:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 00:13:27 -0300 Dedeco Balaco via Users wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> although i talked about compiling Claws Mail from source, i am still
>> using what Debian 11 provides: version 3.17.8. Today, i installed
>> everything related to Claws Mail the repository has. This includes
>> almost all plugins and their dependencies, and some others things, like
>> libclaws-mail-dev and clawsker.
>>
>> I tried to configure the notification plugin. I loaded it, changed its
>> settings, and set it to show a notice when new messages arrive. The
>> current account is the testing one, and its shown folder is inbox. I
>> sent an email for it, from another window, waited twice the time
>> configured to check for new messages (which is 1 minute). No notice. But
>> when i checked the CM window, the message was already there. I repeated
>> the test a few times, no result change. The only time i saw a notice was
>> when i saved a draft message.
>>
>> Can you help me make things work here? And currently, i have 3 accounts
>> configured in CM. I want notifications for every folder in every
>> account. Will this happen?
>>
> Have you checked:
> Configuration>Preferences>Plugins>Notification>SysTrayIcon...?
>   [ ] Enable Trayicon
>   [ ] Only include selected folders [Select folders] <-- button

I left it disabled, thinking it was not important. If i received
notifications for all folders, it is not a problem. And for some of them
- used as destination of filtered messages - this is desired. The rest,
would never trigger a notification, basically (i guess).

I enabled that option, and chose a few folders only: inboxes, drafts and
bulk mail. Repeated the test. It did not work. Besides the notification,
i also configured a command to be executed when new messages arrive. My
command plays a sound. I heard no sound after 2 minutes passed. But when
i looked at CM window, another test message was already there.