[Users] Claws-Mail Crashes (win10)

Jonathan Boeing jonathan.n.boeing at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 19:43:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:53:25 -0700
"sgeneris" <sgeneris at mail.com> wrote:

> > > And why 64bit install shows as 32bit? Does it mean 64bit did not
> > > install?
>
> I just noticed it by chance in my Revo uninstaller when I checked
> whether the upgrade to v4 64bit did go through. It says v4 but 32bit
> -- see attached:

I'm not familiar with Revo, but you can check what you're running by
finding claws-mail.exe in Windows Task Manager -> Processes.  If you're
running 32-bit on 64-bit Windows, you'll see "claws-mail.exe (32-bit)"
listed.

If you upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit, the installer might have
remembered and defaulted to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\" install
directory.  Revo might be looking at where Claws was installed rather
than actually examining the binaries.