[Users] Claws-Mail Crashes (win10)

sgeneris sgeneris at mail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:04:59 UTC 2021

I have been running claws-mail for years on two identical win10 laptops for
years without a hitch. But yesterday I ran into 2 weird problems that make no sense.

1. I upgraded one laptop to v4 64 bit. It works, but my uninstaller shows it's a 32bit version.

2. I upgraded the other laptop, and the program crashes at load time: there is some disk activity, but nothing happens, no error message, and a Windows WER crash report is generated (attached) and a .DMP file. I have reverted back to the 3.17
that was working before to no avail -- it now crashes too. I cannot interpret the WER report.

Laptops are the same in hw and sw -- this does not make sense.

Pls help.
Thanx.