[Users] nesting conditions in matcherrc

Adrian adrian at aeolian.org.uk
Sat Aug 28 11:47:13 UTC 2021

Thanks wwp

The main problem with the UI is
forgetting to save at the various points, not intuitive and there's no
"Discard changes?" warning.  And most of my rules are versions of
others so cut-and-paste is just too tempting!

I think you've answered my question to Paul.  A rule can run an external
program, which can set a value and presumably query it as a condition.

But in fact I realise there's another place where I can run a program,
and add [SPAM] or similar to the subject.  That makes a much easier
filter rule.

Adrian

On Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:10:34 +0200, wwp wrote:
>Your question is not clear to me.
>Getting to the UI is what I'd recommend ;-).

+1

Match criteria "External program test" ("program" could be a
shell script) might or might not be helpful. It likely is helpful,
assuming the shell script ends with "exit $foo".