[Users] Some msgs have (No Date) for the date

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 19 16:47:28 UTC 2021

Hi Mat,

On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 17:09:05 +0200
MatN via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
[…]
> Two notes:
> - The script requires dos2unix, which is not default installed on Mint
>   19.2 . Mention this in the readme?

In an ideal world scripts should check for the uncommon tools it needs and
finish with the corresponding error message if missing.

Though, in this case, it can be replaced by a call to "tr -d '\15'" to remove
the unwanted chars, so not sure the above is worth the effort.

> - The FAQ list the solution as "Fix date: fix_date %F". As it is, it
>   did not work for me, I put the script in the path. It should be "Fix
>   date: fix_date.sh %F" , so the full script file name.

The FAQ assumes some knowledge from readers, they are not step-by-step
guides for robots and you can't explain everything in a FAQ entry ;-)

IMO, how $PATH works and when to use relative or absolute names is a very
basic knowledge, but if you feel that FAQ needs to be expanded feel free
to edit it.

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones