[Users] Install is inoperable, advice needed

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 18:50:21 CEST 2021

On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:47:47 +0000 (UTC), Ross Avellone wrote:
>I forgot to include that I am using Puppy Linux Fossamax 6.0.6 as my
>OS.  I hope your helping info is still applicable and that the OS does
>not make any difference.

Hi,

please reply to the mailing list.

The operating system unlikely makes a difference. I cannot find
Puppy Linux Fossamax 6.0.6 by an Internet search.

Regarding https://puppylinux.com/ you are probably using
FossaPup64 9.5. If so, the "binary compatible" distribution is
Ubuntu Focal, providing claws-mail 3.17.5,
https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/claws-mail .

Related to the involved account settings, there should be no difference
to my examples.

POP usage, as shown by my examples, is less common than IMAP usage. If
you should be in favour of IMAP, google for "yahoo imap" and if
something should be unclear, send another request to the mailing list.
If you don't know what the difference between POP and IMAP is, google
for "difference pop imap".

However, AFAIK there's no need to enable usage of mailers by the Yahoo
website, other than the need to generate an app password, as described
by the link I already provided by my second reply. With a more recent
version of Claws mail, you might get additional 2 factor authentication
offers, that are unimportant for you, to get the Yahoo account working
with Claws (especially by the version of Claws used by you) yet.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

When replying to a mailing list avoid the default HTML text format
setting. The Yahoo web interface should allow to chose "plain
text". If that should be to hard to do for you, then at least start
your reply below the quotes, not above them. To do so, you only need to
move the cursor, something that doesn't require any special skills.