[Users] claws-mail for windows crashing

Jerry Seibert jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Aug 6 12:23:11 CEST 2021

I have been using cm4win for several years now. I presently have Claws
Mail 3.18.0-2 / 32 bit installed on a Win 10 Pro / 64 bit machine. I
am using the 32-bit version of cm because the 64-bit version proved
unstable.

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.33 / GLib 2.66.8
Locale: en_US (charset: ISO-8859-1)
Operating System: Win32

CM continues to crash when a green box appears in the lower right-hand
corner of the screen and gives a percentage of data loaded. The number
varies and does not always crash on the same document. Sometimes, after
three attempts, it will load successfully; other times, not
so much.

I have tried running under gdb, but the output is useless. Is there
some way I can get a copy of cm built with all of the debug symbols? I
might be able to find out what the problem is. The "--debug" option
has not provided anything useful.

Thanks!

--
Jerry