[Users] The "highlighting" of the current folder/message line.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 1 00:34:38 CEST 2021

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 08:40:23 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 17:09:06 +1200
> Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 06:43:55 +0200
> > "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Change the theme. I use Flat-Remix-GTK-Yellow which I find very
> > > nice.
> >
> > Thanks for this, but ....
> >
> > (a) I could find no trace of "Flat-Remix-GTK-Yellow" in the list of
> > themes at
> > https://www.claws-mail.org/themes.php.
> >  So I tried the first one in the list, namely "A Duck's Claw".
>
> You are confusing claws-mail's icon themes (listed on
> https://www.claws-mail.org/themes.php)
> with GTK themes (of which Flat-Remix-GTK-Yellow is one).

<SNIP>

Well silly me!!!  Since we were talking about claws-mail, I just
*assumed* that when themes were mentioned this meant claws-mail themes!

I had never previously heard of GTK themes.  I did some web searching
and it seems that to change the GTK theme (in Ubuntu; I am running
Ubuntu 20.04 with a Mate 1.24.0 desktop) one needs to install a tool
called "gnome-tweak-tool".   So I did

    sudo apt install gnome-tweak-tool

and that seemed to run OK.  However I find no sign of
"gnome-tweak-tool" in any of my applications menus.

The web search that I did revealed the following advice:

> After installing, you can execute the Gnome Tweak Tool via command
> line with the following command:
>
>  gnome-tweaks

Tried that.  Got an enormous outpouring of error messages, which make
no sense at all to me.  I have saved these error messages in a file
"mess.txt" which I have attached.

Can someone please offer me some guidance?  And could I kindly ask the
cognoscenti to at least *try* to restrain their tendency to be cryptic?
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain and I need things spelled out in a
clear step-by-step recipe.

Thank you.

cheers,

Rolf Turner