[Users] GTK 4

Tom tgrom.automail at nuegia.net
Mon Apr 26 04:43:50 CEST 2021

On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 00:06:02 +0200
Aaron Fischer <mail at aaron-fischer.net> wrote:

> It actually is a real problem for me. On my system (Thinkpad X200 with
> NixOS/Wayland/Sway) CM is kind of unusable for me. The keyboard
> shortcuts stop working randomly, which is a real pain for me.

Part of the problem is your running unstable immature software with
lots of bugs just for the sake of modernity and "it's the future!".

Another thing you need to take into account is that wayland has
mandatory compositing. A lot of the Wayland propaganda is about how
much more "performant" wayland is then X11 and that's only true if
you've been using bloated and poorly written "freedesktop.org" software
like GNOME3. In X11 you do not have to run a compositor nor should you
on a mobile device. It just sucks up your limited power budget and
introduces more input latency, which does contribute to the overall
'feel' of typing software.

--
 _______________________________________
/ An economist is a man who would marry \
\ Farrah Fawcett-Majors for her money.  /
 ---------------------------------------
\
 \
   /\   /\