[Users] CM GTK3 Version & autoface

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Tue Apr 20 18:30:04 CEST 2021

Hello,

This one is mostly for the dev team, I suspect.......

As can be seen, I'm using 'Claws Mail 3.99.0git87'

Strange thing;  I can't get (X-)faces to work when writing mails.

I see Paul is managing it okay, so I wonder where I'm going wrong.

Currently, I have autoface turned off (renamed the directory), so I can
send mails.

What I usually do is run signify at start of session to pipe output to
~/.claws-mail/autofaces/face, and that was working fine putting a random
face in the pipe, which CM used, then signify placed another face in the
pipe, ready for CM.  And so on.

However, that no longer works - debug output shows CM just waiting for a
face file when I try to 'Send' of 'Send later' from the mail editor.
More specifically it's looking for face at blah.blah.  According to
CM documentation, a face file (rather than face at blah.blah) should work.

Am *I* doing something wrong, or has code around that area changed the
way things work?   Either accidentally, or by design?

I've not raised a bug report because the GTK3 branch *is* still very
much a work in progress.

Thanks for any pointers.

--
 Regards  _