[Users] claws-mail many seg faults now.

Hawke Robinson hawkenterprising at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:45:48 CEST 2021

Greetings.

Been using claws-mail happily for years, ever since kmail stopped
being viable. Thank you for this terrific product!

Unfortunately the past few weeks a seg fault issue has been driving me
up the wall. I tried running from command line with --debug, but not
getting information that is helpful to help me to figure out what broke
in my setup.

I am hoping folks here can help me track this maddening issue down.

It crashes hard (seg fault) when I try to:
* send email, or send email later (but no problem receiving mail,
  and the mail does actually send just before claws-mail crashes)
* seg faults if I go to Configuration > Preferences > Compose > Spell
  Checking,
* or Configuration > Edit Accounts > select account and click   "Edit"
  button.

These all lead to seg fault crash.  In debug mode there are some
errors, but I don't know what to do with them, seen here (is it dbus
related?): https://pastebin.com/dD9jRhmB

Appreciate any suggestions on tracking this down.

System specs: q4os (Debian 10 buster), Trinity (TDE), kernel
4.19.181-1, apt installed claws-mail version: 3.17.3-2 amd64  (tried
complete uninstall of all claws-mail packages, then installed only core
package, but had same results, added back most plugins an addons, and
still same crashing behavior).

Appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!