[Users] Claws freezing when composing e-mail replies

edwardp at gmx.com edwardp at gmx.com
Wed Sep 16 13:24:40 CEST 2020

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:06:27 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:56:52 -0400
> <edwardp at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > Trying the 'kill' command on the job number (did not know about the
> > -9 flag) and trying to kill the job within top, both didn't work.
>
> You really need to try to be more explicit when you write emails. Have
> you, or have you not tried the -9 option, and did it or did it not
> work?
>
> (Though it sounds as though the whole issue is moot now).

I did not try the -9 option, in fact, I did not know it had any
options. All these years I've used Linux, I only knew to use 'kill' with
the job number. But thank you for telling me about it. In case I need
to use that again, I will try that option.

Still no freezes since turning off Drafts auto-save.

I was introduced to Linux almost 20 years ago and I must say, it's a
continual learning experience.