[Users] Group of email addresses.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 7 04:20:38 CEST 2020

I would like to be able key in a single string in the "To" field of an
email and get emails sent to a number recipients associated with that
string.  The manual seems to indicate (in a rather opaque way) that
this is possible, but I cannot get it to work.  The manual seems to
suggest creating a "Book" to hold the addresses of the intended
recipients.  So I created a book called, say, "Weirdos", and added the
addresses to this book.  I now have folder called "Weirdos" under
"Address Books" and that subfolder contains a number of email addresses.

I'd like to be able to do something like just typing "Weirdos" in the
"To" field and get emails sent to all the recipients listed under
"Weirdos".  But this just results in an error.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it simply not possible to do what I
want in claws-mail?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--