[Users] Claws Mail GTK3 **beta** unleashed

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 10:05:06 CET 2020

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 07:53:06 +0100
"Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン)" <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

> Many thanks ! I immediately compiled and tested it.
> On my F32.x86_64/KDE env., it really looks great. The app started fine, no
> crash, and I fetch/read mails.
> I switched back to the "regular" Claws for now because I need to find a way
> to tell Claws/GTK3 to use a dark theme, and I have no idea how to do that.
> Will use some of my week-end spare time to find that, and if I find the way
> to do it, that Claws/GTK3 will then be my default MUA !

In brief: install a dark gtk3 theme and use it.

In kde you can use it's System Settings (systemsettings5) to configure the
gtk theme:

Go to Appearance/Application Style; click the button 'Configure GNOME/GTK
application style'; select your preferred gtk3 theme from the dropdown.
You can download new themes from the page.

with regards

Paul