[Users] Claws Mail hang on one mail

edwardp at gmx.com edwardp at gmx.com
Mon Oct 19 00:45:01 CEST 2020

On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 23:24:03 +0200
Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:19:52 -0400, edwardp at gmx.com wrote:
>
> > An individual affiliated with Red Hat, submitted a patch to the X11
> > group on GitLab several months ago, that was described as fixing the
> > issue, but it appears nothing has been done regarding it, up to now.
> >
> > As it has been several months,
>
> Years if the comments on Red Hat bug 1758384 are to believed.
>
> > would it be reasonable/allowable for the
> > Fedora maintainer(s) to simply test and add the patch to Fedora's
> > libx11, rather than wait for upstream?
>
> It's the same people, i.e. from Red Hat.

Hopefully the patch will be added, sooner rather than later. I gather
that the bug will likely be updated to show Fedora 33 when it's
officially released.

Claws crashed again last night, while using a different desktop
environment, but ABRT indicated the 'uReport data' was invalid, so it
could not report the crash. I have no idea what caused it.