[Users] idea: Use IMAP for email removal

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Oct 15 13:57:54 CEST 2020

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:40:33 +0500
Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:

> But instead of trying to beat anti-shock doors, I think more about
> workarounds: first idea was to have two clients, one for IMAP and one
> for POP3. One with POP3 should not remove email. And one with IMAP
> should be used for removal (they even could have different local mail
> dirs).
>
> But would be more convenient if client itself proposed feature of
> temporary IMAP connection in order to remove mail (or even simulate
> some less dump activity to not reveal maps too quickly).

I don't think I fully understand the situation with yandex, but you could
perhaps just have 2 accounts in claws-mail (imap and pop), so wouldn't need 2
different clients.

With imap you could only subscribe to those folders where the mail you want
to delete is held, and in that way avoid having to deal with a whole set of
mailbox folders.

In the end, it's probably just better to boycott yandex.

with regards

Paul