[Users] That won't work.

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Tue Oct 13 19:57:32 CEST 2020

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020, at 18:52, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 18:48:15 +0100
> "Jeremy Nicoll" <jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org> wrote:
>
> > I don't suppose any "power user" would be gloriously happy
> > if this faulty Claws mechanism allowed a mailicious mail to
> > damage all their files.
>
> Would they, in that case, be worthy of the moniker "power user"? :)
>
> You can't say the mechanism is faulty.

The mechanism is clearly "working as designed".  But no-one has
(until now) considered the disadvantages of that design.

> You can't say any shell is faulty
> because it allows a user to mess things up badly.

The user has no way to prevent this problem, at the moment,
though, do they?  (Other than not using the mechanism.)

> What this is about, as I see it, is putting some preventions in place for
> the unwary.

How is that different from changing the mechanism?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.