[Users] That won't work.

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Tue Oct 13 19:52:14 CEST 2020

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020, at 18:08, Dragony wrote:
> ...  I would just drop shell execution support completely and tell
> people to use a much simpler command syntax like:
>
> |invoke_header(/your/tool) ;Invokes /your/tool and gives the mail
> header data to STDIN.
>
> |invoke_pointer(/your/tool) ;Invokes /your/tool and gives the full path
> to the locally stored mail file as the first argument.

The only disadvantage of those methods - which (I'd agree with for
more complex scripts) is that they have two disadvantages

 1. that the script writer has to parse either all the headers, or
    the entire mail ... which may be beyond the ability of some
    users

 2. that that's bound to be slow, and loses the advantage that
    Claws has already parsed them

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.