[Users] That won't work.

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Mon Oct 12 19:46:42 CEST 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020, at 17:05, Little Girl wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, are those of you who use this sort of method
> creating just one folder for each sender and keeping all incoming
> and archived mail in it or are you creating separate folders for
> incoming and archived mail for each sender?

For me that depends mainly on volume of traffic from that person/
class of people.

Eg email addresses that my "best friends" use to contact me all
contain ".bf." in their lefthand part, and mail from all those people
ends up in a single folder.  I don't get a lot of those mails - not
because I have no friends, but because they also contact me on
Facebook and by phone.

On the other hand everything financial is one folder per bank,
regardless of volume of messages.

In every case there may be no archive, or just a single archive
folder, or one per year or one per 2-3 months... all under the
corresponding main folder - depending on the volume of msgs
to be kept (which is different from the volume I receive).  Eg the
volume received is very often one per day - from companies who
continually send me sales info, or news organisations ... but I
hardly ever keep any of those.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.