[Users] That won't work.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 12:14:47 CEST 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:56:35 +0100
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> I think you're misunderstanding the scenario. Which is that *you* have
> used claws facilities to install a script that *you* have written or
> obtained from elsewhere. The bad actor then sends you a mail
> with specially crafted headers (either at random as part of a general
> mailshot, or because they have reason to believe you use claws) and
> that mail exploits the bug in claws that causes such text to be
> executed. Resulting in bad things happening on *your* system.

This is not a bug.

What you are talking about is a powerful feature which should be used wisely.
For power-users, say.

No-one suggested using a template in such a way as is being discussed here.
There are all sorts of foolish things a user can do on their computer.

Anyway, (to acknowledge an earlier response to this thread), creating 400
different email addresses is creating a problem. So, you look outside for
solution to the problem that you created. Maybe scrapping the idea and
rethinking how you want to achieve your goal is needed?

with regards

Paul