[Users] That won't work.

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 19:08:11 CEST 2020

Hey there,

claws at dragony.name wrote:
>> Paul wrote:

>> >One option is to use a Template.

[SNIP]

>> Perfect! Thanks for a quick solution [virtual hug].

>Unfortunately that does not work reliably. Imagine you have
>
>To: your at mail.com, another at person.com
>
>You will then put "your at mail.com, another at person.com" into the new
>from-field, which is not what you want.

Yep, I noticed that when replying to this mailing list, which often
has more than one addressee listed. In that case, you might still need
to manually intervene and delete the extra address(es).

There's also the issue of mailing list mails being addressed to a
group rather than an individual. When replying to this message,
for example, it was addressed to users at claws-mail.org and the template
put that into the "From:" field of this reply, so I manually changed
it.

That's okay, though, because I post to mailing lists less frequently
than I reply to individuals, so the fact that this method now
automatically takes over the bulk of the work I was doing manually
and just leaves me with this little bit of manual work to do is
really quite nice.

Not only that, but I just tested what would happen if I forgot to edit
the "From:" field in each of the cases above, either with an email
address that isn't mine in the "From:" field or with two email
addresses in the "From:" field.

In both cases, the incorrect addresses remain in the "From:" field,
so I can tell that I made the oversight of not manually editing that
field, but when I sent and received the mail, each one had been sent
to me by just my default email account, so Claws Mail catches the
error and fixes it for you. As long as your default email address is
one you don't mind sharing, this seems to be air-tight.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.