[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Sat Oct 10 21:09:44 CEST 2020

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 17:37:01 +0100
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> > > The solution I've suggested is obviously not ideal in such
> > > situation, but you would have saved me few minutes of life by
> > > saying first what situation you were exactly in. You're obviously
> > > not a human being but a robot or some kind of heartless
> > > automatism, probably not deserving to use a MUA like Claws Mail
> > > but a MTA in a house of scripts that would rewrite headers
> > > accordingly to your needs. Good luck with all your 400
> > > database-wildcarded email adresses, robot!
> >
> > I think that's pretty uncalled for and insulting. The original mail
> > did say 'many'. It's also the situation I'm in although with a
> > slightly different implementation and the situation is one I would
> > recommend to anybody who is in a position to implement it (i.e. one-
> > time addresses for untrusted correspondents), so by implication
> > you're also accusing me and anybody else with a similar arrangement
> > of being a robot.
> >
> > And if you meant it humorously, then you forgot a smiley :)
>
> wwp is a developer and has put a fair bit of effort into Claws.

I know who wwp is, thanks.

> I think we all get a bit frustrated when someone's particular itch
> causes them to create a massive thread about what they want in Claws
> and they don't either supply a patch or ask in a reasonably nice way.
> Some people come across as entitled when they need to be less so.

Sorry, the OP asked one question and posted one clarification. How is
it their fault if other people answer? And why should a poster on a
[Users] list be expected to post a patch? And what was unreasonable
about the way it was asked? AFAICT it was a perfectly reasonable
request. Entitled? WTF? Get off your high horse.