[Users] importing vCard

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Sun Nov 22 20:27:21 CET 2020

Hello,
I am a new user of Claws Mail 3.17.7, on Ubuntu 20.10.

I have noticed this

1) In Address book > Tools there is Import LDIF etc. but no vCard.

2) The script
vcard2xml.py from https://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php
does not work for me.  Given its date 2003, I tried it with python
2.7.18.  It just distroys the address book.

3) Nevertheless I could import vCard with Book > New vCard and
selecting file.vcf.

I just lost a lot of time because of misleading interface.  In order to
help other users, I suggest to remove the script as it is not useful
anymore and add Import vCard to the menu Address book > Tools.

Best regards.