[Users] Create filter rule : automatically

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sun Nov 22 11:56:49 CET 2020

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 17:35:50 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

Hello Liz,

>Could someone explain the philosophy of the automatic filter creation?

I find automatic filter generation (AFG) to be most useful for mailing
lists.  Otherwise, manually crafting seems to be a better option because,
as you've found out, AFG is at a bit of a loss as to what to do.  To be
fair though, it's not something I can fault CM for, because there are
simply waaaay too many choices a person can make regarding filters, that
CM's AFG really has no chance at all outside of the aforementioned ML
scenario.

--
 Regards  _
No you can't hop into my shower