[Users] Claws Mail for Windows

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Nov 17 23:54:31 CET 2020

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:59:58 +0000, Brad Rogers stated:
>On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 08:50:49 -0500
>Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:
>
>Hello Jerry,
>
>>developed that could properly handle the receiving and transmission of
>>HTML email. Unfortunately, I do not see that happening.
>
>Claws Mail users tend to be in the anti-HTML camp(1).  This probably
>goes some way to explaining a lack of desire to fork, and
>extend/improve HTML capability.  Also, from where I'm sitting, it
>appears to me that most of the people that *do* want HTML in their
>messages spend their time logged into google, yahoo, or any of a
>multitude of other web sites, to read their 'email'.
>
>(1) But by no means all.  I don't know of any official figures, but my
>guess (probably wildly inaccurate) would be that about half to two
>thirds of the user base prefer plain text messages.

I would tend to agree with you, Brad. However, I work for a
municipality that makes extensive use of HTML based email in its
everyday communications. Our entire operation is cloud-based, so
reading email in other than Outlook is pretty much out of the question.
I can access the server from home, but using claws-mail is not of
much use since it cannot sync with the multiple calendars,
etcetera that I have to deal with. I could live with that limitation if
it could actually properly display my messages. Unfortunately, at least
in the Windows version, the image display is seriously messed up. I use
to have a FreeBSD machine set up with claws-mail; however, after fancy
was removed, it sucked too.

I still use claws-mail for my personal use, but that is about.

By the way, none of the replies to the original email have dealt with
the question of whether the Windows version is still being supported.
If not, then maybe it might be time to look for a replacement MUA.

--
Jerry