[Users] virtual folders

briand at pounceofcats.com briand at pounceofcats.com
Fri May 29 02:06:57 CEST 2020

On Mon, 18 May 2020 10:13:23 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 07:31:30AM +0000, colin at colino.net wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I was wondering if claws-mail had something like that, or if there was any interest in something
> > > like that ?
> >
> > I think someone worked on a plugin to do that a few years ago, but I think it's not been finished.
> > I may be mistaken. At least it's not been integrated in the main repo.
>
> Yep, it's on git as vfolder branch:
>
> https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vfolder
>
> regards,

I hope this is not a dupe.

I'd really like to try and get this up and running.

I was wondering if anyone can give me guidance on how I might try to merge that in the current branch to test it out.  In particular, it seems like that branch is so old, it might require a fair amount of modification to work. Regardless it seems like it would also require some non-trivial git-fu to make work.

I don't know git well at all, so this would require some hand-holding.  Once i could get some sort of tree going I'm quite confident i could work through any build issues that are do to out-of-date code.

Thanks,

Brian