[Users] Viewing threads that span multiple folders

Philip White philip at pswhite.org
Fri May 22 21:27:35 CEST 2020

New user of Claws here. I previously was a gmail user. One feature I
much appreciated from the gmail UI is that you can view the entire
conversation of an email from within the inbox, even after I've
archived one of the emails in the thread. Claws is able to sort by
thread in the message list, so that half of the problem already exists,
but my understanding is that because some emails of a thread are in the
"Archive" folder, and some in the "INBOX" folder, they can't be shown
together, because message listings only show emails from the same
folder.

Is there a way to show the full thread of a conversation when the emails in
the conversation are spread through different folders? If not, I am somewhat
interested in writing the code for this myself, provided it seems like a
feasible task to those who know more than I do.

Thanks,
Philip