[Users] virtual folders

briand at pounceofcats.com briand at pounceofcats.com
Mon May 18 06:58:25 CEST 2020

Before i used claws-mail I used something called VM, which ran in emacs.

I used VM for a _long_ time and the reason i did , in addition to the fact that it was a great mail reader, was that it had something called "virtual folders".

Say for example you have a scattering of emails from "someone".  You could execute the virtual folder command, with a regexp which would match the sender (or to, or subject, etc...), and it would pop-up a new folder with all of the emails that matched the regex, e.g. "someone".

I can't remember if the virtual folder was persistent or not, i don't believe it was, i.e. it only lasted for the current session. I found it to be really handy.

I was wondering if claws-mail had something like that, or if there was any interest in something like that ?

Thanks