[Users] why is IMAP folder 'Queue' non-deletable in Claws Mail but deletable in other client ?

Cristian Secară liste at secarica.ro
Fri May 15 14:09:37 CEST 2020

I have this scenario:

- I create a new IMAP account in my web hosting server (via cpanel)
- I open the new created account with the default webmail application or its Roundcube alternative (provided by server host)
- the default folders are:
-- INBOX
-- Drafts
-- Sent
-- Junk Mail
-- Trash

All these are un-deletable in webmail client (trash can is grayed out on each).
Ok.

I open Thunderbird and create there the associated test account, IMAP mode. The folders are the same.
Ok.

I open Claws Mail and create there the associated test account, IMAP mode. The folders are almost the same, except that Claws Mail insist to create a Queue folder.

When I go back to web client (Roundcube), the freshly created Queue folder shows up.

Now:
1. Why create Claws Mail the Queue folder by force ? At least it should ask for.
2. The Queue is not deletable within Claws Mail, but is deletable via web client (Roundcube, where that folder icon looks like an ordinary folder). Why not also in Claws Mail ?
3. The Junk Mail folder appears to be deletable in Claws Mail (right-click delete folder option is black and click-able), but it gives an error saying that folder cannot be deleted – which is correct, but why thinks Claws Mail that this one is deletable in the first place ?

Cristi

--
Cristian Secarã
https://www.secarica.ro