[Users] unable to connect to IMAP, logs

Franz 169101 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:37:16 CEST 2020

See under

> Hello,  this is my first attempt to try claws-mail
> > I am unable to connect to IMAP. When I push the receive button,
> > nothing happens. At least when playing with pop3 there was a writing
> > in the left lower part of the screen noting that pop3 was trying to
> > connect, but with IMAP nothing at all.
> >
> > Also the filtering log and the network log are empty as if nothing is
> > happening.
> >
> > So I supposed that nothing happened, but why? I filled the various
> > forms, username, password, server.
>
> It will probably help if you give some further detail:
> - what version of claws

3.17.3

- what OS

debian 10

> - what IMAP server

mail.1984.is

> - more detail of your config

Just started and only filled the account form

I don't use IMAP myself so I can't be specific about what extra details
> might help. You can also run claws with a debug setting to get more
> logs. I don't remember how, but I expect its in the manual.

Manual only tells of a log window  that can be called with ctrl+shift+l,
but this is the log network that, as I told, is empty. My network
connection is working as supposed.  So why this silence?

Isn't claws-mail supposed to give some alert-response if the email
connection is not working?
best
Franz