[Users] Displaying Number of Records in Address Book?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri May 15 09:00:28 CEST 2020

Hello Dustin,

On Fri, 15 May 2020 07:08:40 +0600 Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> System Info: Claws Mail 3.17.4 on Lubuntu 18.04 LTS
>
> Question: Is there a way for me to see/find a quick status report on
> how many records are in my address book and in a specific group within
> my address book, etc.?

No way, I'm afraid, at least from the app itself. You could script it
by counting some elements in the xml files in config directory, though,
not sure that's what you expect.

A quick shell command:
# for FILE in `find ~/.claws-mail/addrbook/ -type f -name 'addrbook-*.xml' | grep -v index`; do NAME=`grep '<address-book name=' "$FILE" | cut -d '"' -f 2`; COUNT=`grep '<person ' $FILE| wc -l`; printf "%s: %s\n" "$NAME" "$COUNT"; done | sort
but of course it doesn't count groups, etc.

> If not:
>
> * I think this would be a helpful feature.
>
> * (For a developer:) Shall I submit this as a feature request?

Yes, feel free to file a feature enhance request at the tracker.

Regards,

--
wwp
https://useplaintext.email/