[Users] Is a puzzlement

Henry Carmichael henry.carmichael at gmail.com
Sun May 10 20:09:35 CEST 2020

I am running Lubuntu 18.04, and I have an e-mail account at yahoo.com.

I had been successfully retrieving mail from this account via
claws-mail until 15-Mar-2020, on which date attempts to retrieve gave
the error message in the network log:
* Account 'Eanruig': Connecting to POP3 server:
pop.mail.yahoo.com:995... *** SSL/TLS handshake failed.

I have tried to find out what was amiss, but have not been successful.

So, I finally decided to try Sylpheed. I set it up with but one account
- the yahoo.com one.

Behold, I retrieved 132 old messages from yahoo! What is more, they
went into the inbox for claws-mail. I was not unhappy about that.

I would really like to know why claws suddenly decided to fail the
handshake, and if there is anything I can do to trim its talons so it
will calmly retrieve messages from yahoo mail.

Thanks for suggestions.
Henry