[Users] Sluggyness

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Tue Mar 24 22:02:56 CET 2020

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 21:46:31 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:

> However, I assume libravatar serves a purpose so there's still something
> fishy...

With this in mind, I checked several messages and noticed that the delays
happen with messages for which no libravatar can be found. There's a
setting in the plugin 'Allow redirects to other sites' and 'Enable
federated servers' with a time-out of 1 second. This corresponds to the
delays.

So when a libravatar can be found, it is cached and messages from this
address display fast. If no libravatar can be found it will try to look it
up every time a message is viewed, causing delays.

Is this intended behaviour?