[Users] email message storage location

Hammond X. Gritzkofe hammondxgritzkofe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 19:17:10 CET 2020

Am new to this format of infomation exchange, so begging pardon in
advance for any laxity of etiquite.

Trying to set up Claws-mail client, in both Win10 and Linux (Lubuntu,
Debian). In Win10, ver 3.17.4-1 32b. Have it working with my several
gmail accounts as POP3. If I understand correctly, Claws stores emails
as individual plain text files. Where are they stored?

More particularly: I backup between machines in the LAN, and to
offsite, using rsync scripts. What folders/files should I target
to include my emails?

Have been looking in Win10 under
C:/Users/me/AppData/Roaming/Claws-mail/ but no joy. Likewise in Linux
under /home/me/.claws-mail/

 - hammond