[Users] Composing a filter

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 17:56:52 CET 2020

Hey there,

Dave Howorth wrote:
>Little Girl wrote:

>> That's missing a couple of presses of the 'Add' button. It should
>> probably look more like this:
>
>You forgot the OK button. :)

Whoops! You're absolutely right. One more time with your corrections
added in:

1. Optionally give your filter a name.
2. Choose the account to which it applies.
3. Configure each of one or more match criteria:
	a. Configure a match criterion.
	b. Click the 'Add' button.
	c. Click the 'OK' button.
4. Configure each of one or more actions to perform:
	a. Configure an action.
	b. Click the 'Add' button.
	c. Click the 'OK' button.
5. Click the 'Add' button.
6. Click the 'OK' button.

>> Interestingly, my version of Claws Mail (3.13.2) is so far behind
>> the times that step 2 doesn't exist for me (which will change next
>> month), but I left it in since it was in your list.

I was wrong about this part. It was actually because I had clicked
"Pre-processing..." instead of "Filtering..." in the menu because
that's where all my custom filters live. Once I clicked the
"Filtering..." menu item, I was able to see that as well even in my
dinosaur version of Claws Mail.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.