[Users] Hide/Delete IMAP Folders

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 17:11:35 CET 2020

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 11:45:09 -0400
<chainsawuser at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> At this point Sent and Queue folders listed in Claws under my IMAP account
> are not being used by Claws (and are deleted from the IMAP server), but I
> can not figure out a way to hide or delete them in Claws.
>
> Is there is a way to do this?

Yes.

A mailbox requires 1 (and 1 only) of each of the following Folder Types:

Inbox
Outbox
Drafts
Queue
Trash

(They are all named quite self-evidently named except, perhaps, 'Outbox',
which is the Sent folder)

What you need to do is identify which folders should actually be the Sent and
Queue Folder Types; right click the folder and select 'Properties'; change the
Folder Type to the correct one, .e.g set the Folder Type of
the folder named 'Sent' to 'outbox'.

Once you have correctly set the Folder Types, you'll be able to remove those
rogue folders that you cited.

I hope that is clear enough!

with regards

Paul