[Users] Composing a filter

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Thu Mar 19 14:15:23 CET 2020

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 20:29:52 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 17:56:03 +0000
> Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Indeed and I didn't suggest taking away the Add button; just not
> > requiring it for the final add.
>
> But there are other options - you might want to replace a previous
> filter for example.
>
> You are missing the massive configurability of Claws-mail. And because
> so many things can be configured, it has a lot of options to choose
> between.

No I'm not missing that at all. The existing buttons, including Replace,
would all stay there. But in the default case the choice for the system
to choose between is "did the person just spend time creating a filter
component and would now like to throw it away even though s/he didn't
press Cancel?" or "did the person who just spent time creating a filter
component want me to use it?"

I say it is better to choose the latter and let the person go back and
delete it if that's what he really meant when he didn't press Cancel,
rather than the current brain-dead, IMHO, first choice.