[Users] Composing a filter

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Wed Mar 18 16:29:19 CET 2020

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 11:42:26 +0000
Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> I suspect it's the last two steps, and the corresponding steps within
> the previous configure steps.
>
> It does often feel that it's very easy to forget the 'Add' step at
> every stage. There doesn't really seem much point in it. After I've
> gone to all the trouble of configuring whatever it is, why wouldn't I
> want to add it? Why can't the OK button add anything that is
> outstanding?

If each filter/rule had one condition, then I would agree with you. But
sometimes you may want to add several conditions, each one requiring
the 'Add' button to confirm that it is part of the condition.

I don't think I put that very well. :-(

--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.12.14-lp151.28.40-default