[Users] Gmail and OAuth2 access.

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 13 12:57:08 CET 2020

On Thu, 12 Mar 2020 22:13:47 -0400, edwardp at gmx.com stated:
>https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-to-force-oauth-in-g-suite-to-increase-security/
>
>If this information is correct, it applies to G Suite accounts.
>
>It doesn't specifically mention individual Gmail accounts.

From that same article, Microsoft also announced in September that basic
authentication will be turned off in Exchange Online for Exchange
ActiveSync (EAS), POP, IMAP, and Remote PowerShell starting October 13,
2020.

Lets be honest here. It is no longer a question of "if" but rather
"when" will Google & Microsoft and then all of the other carriers
follow suit and limit access to their products only by apps employing
OAuth2 access.

I feel that this is something that we have to take very seriously.

Just my 2₵.

--
Jerry