[Users] Move messages into folders by year of message

David text at sdfeu.org
Mon Mar 2 12:29:11 CET 2020

On 2020-02-02 15:08, I wrote:
> In Thunderbird I like to "archive" (move) selected messages into
> folders `Archives/{Year of message}` simply by pressing `a`.

I defined an Action (with fixed current year, though), called 'Archive'.
It shows up in the Menu under Tools > Actions.

Via Clawsker I set 'a' as hotkey for the action. Still, pressing 'a'
toggles display of headers in the message window.

Setting hotkey 'x' did not work either, but at least it showed up in the
Menu next to the action item.

Finally, setting the hotkey to '<Shift>a' the action works fine. Thanks!

File .claws-mail/menurc contains:

; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/Goto/NextPart" "a")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/Tools/AddressBook"
"<Primary><Shift>a")
(gtk_accel_path "<MainwinActions>/Menu/Tools/Actions/Archive"
"<Shift>a")