[Users] Changing primary mailbox name

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Jun 22 12:13:08 CEST 2020

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:04:52 +0100, Dave Howorth stated:
>On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 20:30:21 +0200
>Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jerry,
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 11:14:00AM -0400, Jerry wrote:
>> > I have been trying to find a way to change the primary mailbox
>> > name. I can change the folder names; however, I do not see a
>> > mechanism to change the actual mailbox name. Is it possible?
>>
>> IIRC it can be done manually: shut down Claws Mail, rename the
>> directory in filesystem and update ~/.claws-mail/folderlist.xml to
>> fix the path attribute of the renamed folder (<folder ...
>> path="***" ...>).
>>
>> Anyway, haven't tested it, so make a backup of everything first ;-)
>
>Err, my mailbox is called 'Mail' in the filesystem and is called
>'Mailbox (MH)' in the UI and there is the following in folderlist.xml:
>'<folder type="mh" path="Mail" sort="0" collapsed="0" name="Mailbox">'
>so my guess would be that what I need to do is change the name
>attribute rather than the path attribute, and make no other changes.
>
>But having said that, I'm not willing to arbitrarily change my
>working mail system to see if my conjecture is right! :)

1) VERY IMPORTANT: Shut claws-mail down first
2) Modify the name in the folderlist.xml file
3) Restart claws-mail

Everything works fine, There really should be an easier way to
accomplish this though. I am thinking about putting in a suggestion for
it.

Thanks!

--
Jerry