[Users] Fully disabling an account without removing it

Michael A. Yetto myetto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 18:39:18 CEST 2020

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 16:34:38 +0200
symphorien_claws at xlumurb.eu writes, and having writ moves on:

> Hello,
>
> I have two IMAP accounts A and B. The server of A is currently down,
> and will stay like this for another few weeks. I also have ticked the
> "automatically check for new messages every 10 minutes" option. The
> consequence is that every 10 minutes I get an error message in a popup
> telling me that connection to A failed.
>
> I would like to still check for new mail on B every 10 minutes but
> without the annoying popup. So I unchecked the "G" checkbox for A in
> the list of accounts in the "Configuration>Edit accounts" dialog. Then
> clicking on the "manual check for emails" button does stop retrieving
> email from A. However, regularly scheduled email checks still try to
> talk to A, and I get an error popup every 10 minutes.
>
> Is there a way to have claws-mail completely stop talking to this
> email server without removing the account? I'll reuse it in the
> future.
>
> Thanks

Under Configuration / Preferences / Receiving clear the boxes for
Automatic Checking. This deals with all accounts.

Then set the checking interval for each account individually under
Configuration / Edit accounts.

Mike Yetto
--
"It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right,
but that I have so much in non-scientists being wrong."