[Users] Glitch with TLS handshake with AOL (Yahoo) IMAP

Michael Higgins mykhyggz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:59:27 CEST 2020

Hey all,

About a month ago I got this error:

* Account 'AOL': Connecting to IMAP server: imap.aol.com:993...
*** SSL/TLS handshake failed

So I built CM 3.17.5 from the tarball. Still got the error. It seems to
come from gnutls:

gnutls-cli imap.aol.com -p 993

- Successfully sent 0 certificate(s) to server.
*** Fatal error: Internal error in memory allocation.
*** handshake has failed: Internal error in memory allocation.

Did some poking around on the web and found this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1876286

On that page there is a workaround:

 socat tcp-listen:9950,fork
 openssl-connect:imap.aol.com:993,capath=/etc/ssl/certs

 connect to localhost:9950 (without TLS)

which works.

Fixes seem to have included version 3.6.13-4 of GnuTLS.

If anyone knows if this is fixed in git, say, or if I can rebuild
3.17.5 against this newver version of gnutls, please let me know. ;-)

Cheers,

--
  |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /
     mykhyggz[at]gmail[dot]com