[Users] Integromat downloading emails from the same server as claws-mail

Franz 169101 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 04:01:28 CEST 2020

> > Interesting and thanks! But what about emails marked as read or unread?
> > Claws-mail may avoid downloading emails that Integromat marked as
> > already read and vice versa.
>
> I know almost nothing about  Integromat  but a quick google suggests it is
> automating 'workflows', or to put it another way, running scripts of some
> sort that (say) do something at gmail.

well Integromat access emails like any email client, only allow to
automatize what to do with these emails

> > Not sure about Claws, but Integromat does not downloads again an email
> > that it already downloaded before.
>
> What makes you think that  Integromat  is "downloading" emails?

Well perhaps a better term may be that Integromat reads emails

   Where is
> it putting them?

I use it to create contacts in Mautic, identifying the writer name, the
email address and the text

   And if it IS downloading them, is it also deleting them from
> the IMAP server?

Paul already clarified this point, that is that IMAP protocol does not
deletes email from the server, if I understood correctly .

> Does it not depend on which of the Integromat scripts you've chosen to
> run?  For example, are you using any of the things described here?
>
>  https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/email

yes I am using this

If you are, have you customised them?

yes

But to found out I tried a test: I sent 4 emails to the account to which
both Claws-mail and Integromat have access, then run integromat to process
them and after that run Clows-mail. The 4 email where present in Claws mail
and were marked as already read. So it worked as supposed.

Then sent other 4 email to the same address and this time launched first
Claws-mail and then Integromat without reading the emails with Claws mail
and everything worked with Integromat.

Then repeated the last test, but reading the emails by Claws- mail first
and after that launching Integromat and it worked ok even if I was sure it
would not work.

Any way many thanks for helping and showing your thoughts to me, so
pointing me in the right direction.
Best
Franz