[Users] Claws Mail using 100% CPU

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jun 1 13:44:45 CEST 2020

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 12:40:57 +1000
Peter Richards <peter777 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I was using the debug feature yesterday and it locked/froze again with
> very high CPU. In 2 hours, this is all that was done ..
>
> 	https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/V8Bf9m7q33/
>
> Is there anything in that log that would suggest what tis the cause of
> the problem ?

Well, it looks like it is sitting trying to connect to
mailservername.net.au with pop3s for an account named "Aussie" (not
"Aussie - Peter") and from where I'm sitting, that domain name doesn't
exist.  Do you have a dud among your accounts?

I'd expect it to timeout rather than sit and thrash but I've not tested
my Claws against a dud hostname.

Hope that helps,
--

MJR http://mjr.towers.org.uk/