[Users] Building CM 3.17

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 30 19:59:40 CEST 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:43:08 -0400, Lee Underwood wrote:
>One more question (well ....). I locked the version on Claws Mail to
>3.17 on my system. So, when I want to download a plugin, etc. and the
>system says it is going to install Claws-Mail it would be the 3.17
>version? Also, why does it add the install of Claws-Mail when it's
>already installed?

Those questions probably belong to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users .

Note, if you locked a version by a package manager GUI, it not
necessarily is locked for the command line, let alone other package
manager GUIs, too.

Do _not_ install Claws plugins from official repositories. Only use the
plugins you build.

The package you build with checkinstall contains everything (assuming
all dependencies were installed), excepted of themes and clawsker.

Ubuntu packages split what was build from the source code, into several
packages. You kept all in one package.

This is for Ubuntu, too:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/claws-mail

This packaging is not done with checkinstall. Important are the control
and rule files, but it is completely OT to explain in more details.